Yeah, maybe for awhile.
Like many of my compatriots, I have come to understand that there is no political or social solution for the problems that face our nation. We are caught in a hurricane-force gale of lies and tyranny, and being sucked into a maelstrom of slow-motion economic collapse, while normalcy bias whispers from every quarter, "Peace, all is well!"
But it is not well.
There is nothing any one person or even medium-sized groups can do to stop it now. Events are in motion. The fascists have the money and the power. Regardless of whether they originated from the elites like Soros and Obama or the EBT-swiping gang-bangers in Ferguson or Atlanta, these actions have natural consequences that can not be escaped from. We have passed all the exits.
People are going to die.
America has asked for this. This country deserves every stroke of God's wrath for its many sins, too numerous to list here, but enough to make Sodom and Gomorrah blush. Even the original Sodomites didn't sell dismembered children, and crunch their fancy zero-nutrition salads while boasting about their butchery.
All I and my family can do now is try to weather the storm the best we can.
The time for preparedness is over; the crisis is come. Even if there was time left to prepare, I'd almost have to start over. My personal preparations have been almost all drained by a series of unfortunate events, including a home in another state I cannot sell now, nor perhaps ever. Making wiser decisions in times past may have had me in a better position, but the government takes more than 40% of anything I earn anyway, so thinking wiser decisions back then would have saved us is probably an illusion, too.
I seem to have a lot of them. Illusions, I mean. They are going to be painful to be disabused of.
Farewell and Godspeed. I hope your family makes it through. You may hear from me again, or you may not.
I pray to God for all who call upon His Name.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
As an indication of how desperate the Progressives have become after each and every since one of their Federal gun control initiatives under Emperor Zero have been stomped into the ground by decent people, they are now trying to consolidate the gains of ObamaCare and browbeat FedGov into forcing peaceable, law-abiding gun owners to pay for mandatory "gun violence" insurance . Not making the criminals, pay, oh, no, the peaceable gun owner who never initiates violence on others must pay. It's revenge, and bonus points for injustice!
But the Progs are still holding on to their fascist dreams, and won't die (rhetorically, at least) that easily. A Progressive commenter at the site above, no doubt a stringy-haired, beta-male or bull-female collectivist still living in its mommy's basement, gurgles one last time and spews forth the following bile (in collectivist RED). I promise you, dear reader, this is an exact quote. Apparently, in publik screwel, the Progdroid did not learn spelling or grammar.
1. all guns manufactured or imported into the US must bear a unique number, like a VIN. [BWE: Hah! Prog does not not know enough about firearms to know this is already the case! I bet it has never even touched a gun, and probably doesn't even know how to drive a car! And it's wetting his hoo-ha just to know I can mill an AR-15 lower in my garage. "Ghost guns! Ghost guns!"]
2. require all gun buyers to show proof of insurance, both liability and uninsured, at time of purchase. [BWE: And how will you do this if I buy a gun from my buddy? Ah, I see you get to that in #6, as you Progs always do.]
3. add a mandatory tax or duty on all guns, paid into a public liability fund. [BWE: Hey Sweet Pea, you might want to look up the Pittman-Robertson Excise Tax. It's been around awhile. And worse for the Progs, it benefits hunting and wildlife conservation! Oh, the humanity!]
4. place caps on the liability of any lawful gun owner and their insurance, and allow unlimited claims against CGL or home owner policies for uninsured gun owners, to encourage carriers to issue gun policies. [I see these fascists have learned from their experiences suing companies under "environmental" laws. However, I think this one is unconstitutional on its face, under the Takings clause.]
5. make special exceptions for historic guns, and a phase-in period for existing guns to get their VIN (GIN?) and insurance. [BWE: Of course, they want to subarm us, as Alan Korwin sagely terms it!]
6. create a single, federal database for all guns in the US. call it "the militia record system" b/c after all, the 2d amendment right is keyed to the "militia" (it would also be constitutional under the commerce clause, but i digress). [At last! The Prog reveals his true collectivist agenda: registration, confiscation, and elimination. Stalin would be proud. And notice, for bonus points, it continues to kick against the goads of Heller and McDonald.]Here was my response to the little fascist (revised and extended from my actual comment on the site, because, hey, this here is my blog and I can do that):
What power do you people think you have to enforce such a thing? Surely the beta males and bull chicks in the Progressive ranks aren't going to use guns to force us to do these things; heck, we're the ones with the guns, remember?
So, I assume you think the police and military will do it? There you are sadly mistaken, Sweet Pea. A local cop THANKED me for carrying a pistol the other day. He and I, it turns out, shop at the same gun shop, and shoot with some of the same people. You see, he is on OUR side, not the Progressives'. And the military? The Oathkeepers have got my back, and I sure have got theirs.
Come on, how will you get this done?
Bring in French-speaking UN Blue Helmets? Them helmets sure make mighty fine target designators at long, long ranges. Foreign troops? Where do you think they'll be barracked (3rd Amendment), and how long will they last there before (aww!) something they ate in the chow hall gives them terrible diarrhea? Or worse?
You Progressives do not have a plan. You are only fantasizing, and projecting your own weakness.Last gasp of the American gun-grabber, folks.
UPDATE: Mike Vanderboegh had to deliver a similar smackdown to another gun-grabbing fantasizer, but he does it far better than Ol' Backwoods can manage to do:
Sent: Tue, Sep 1, 2015 9:36 am
Subject: Starting a bloody civil war seems an odd way to "prevent gun violence."
Since you don't seem to live in any real world I recognize, can you perhaps suggest what I should be smoking to duplicate your hallucinatory results, should I wish to leave this reality for your dopey Wonderland?
I guess you haven't been paying attention to what has been happening since the various state laws have been passed since Sandy Hook. All of them, I repeat ALL of them, have been nullified by "I Will Not Comply" armed civil disobedience.
In CT they have an 85% non-compliance rate. In New York it is estimated to be 90%, with county sheriffs in upstate threatening to arrest any state cops who come into their jurisdiction seeking to enforce the wildly misnamed SAFE Act.
In CO, I have led smuggling efforts and public demonstrations flouting their law.
Same goes for WA state and OR, where we have had armed marches on the capitol steps, breaking Bloomberg's laws and daring them to do anything about it. We even held a "background-check-free" arms expo/gun show in violation of the law in WA, daring the authorities to do anything about it.
They did nothing.
The politicians in each of these states have not sent one raid party to enforce their unconstitutional diktats. Indeed, they seem, after almost three years of such armed resistance, not to know whether to defecate or go blind.
So who, you stupid, silly little collectivist cypher, are you going to get to enforce your "benevolent" tyranny? Planning on coming yourself? No. I didn't think so.
But until you do, until you decide to have the courage of your so-called convictions and send men with state sanctioned violence to our doors, then kindly shut up. You're boring the rest of us with your impotent prattle. But, by all means, if it makes you feel better, go back and take another toke of whatever it is you're smoking.
Mike VanderboeghIn a sane world, that would leave a mark.
at 5:00 AM